Sunday, October 28, 2018

Preparing to Direct a Faith-Based Film


The devil doesn't want this film to get made, that's why I know we're on to something. Our casting call has activated this project from the page to the makings of a film. The enemy would prefer this story stay on the page and be shelved, permanently, but that's not going to happen. 

Our Open Casting Call ends on October 31, 2018. We held two days of Casting at our church, New Hope Ministry Center - Olympia, WA on October 14-15th and for the last two weeks we've received tons of online auditions. There's still time if you're interested. More Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/194825631413150/

The highlight of the week was visiting Kraftwerk K9 in Rochester, WA. Wayne Curry, the owner/trainer, attends New Hope and as I was writing the screenplay, THE DELIVERANCE OF AMY STRONGHOLD,  I asked him if we could pull off a specific dog stunt for the movie, he said no problem and this week we learned why when he invited my family to his facility to meet his German Shepherds. 

Just one afternoon at Kraftwerk K9 made our family fans of his German Shepherds. I am no dog expert but I completely trusted Wayne to let one of his dogs chew on my arm. He said, he doesn't train dogs to be that disciplined, the dog IS that disciplined because of his breeding. As I understand, his dogs do not get stressed, and it is when a dog is under stress that it becomes unpredictable. Therefore, his dogs can be in any environment from the battle field with soldiers, to a room full of two year olds pulling his ears. One moment the dog was chewing on my arm, and the next, playing gently with my 4 year old, Leilani. I am excited to work with Wayne and his amazing dogs in the movie; they will probably steal the show!


But you, O Lorddo not be far off!
    O you my help, come quickly to my aid!
20 
Deliver my soul from the sword,

    my precious life from the power of the dog!

Psalm 22:19-20

Read more about New Hope's Movie Ministry at https://www.newhopeministrycenter.org/movie-ministry/ and give with the note, "Movie Ministry". 



No comments:

Post a Comment

That's a Wrap!

We completed the production of our feature film, THE DELIVERANCE OF AMY STRONGHOLD, on Veteran's Day, November 11, 2019, in a histori...